Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cars, jams, noise and stress


Cars, jams, noise and stress

Welcoming me back to this densely populated city, German words are starting to flow back into my bloodstream, feeling them circulating all over the body and I started to sweat. Not only that, two books of English novels written based on true stories, which are extremely intriguing has taken the fast running time on my daytime. On the first day, on Monday, it appears to me that I had wasted a precious morning sitting down in a hall listening to mind recorded preaches from the lectures to the students, which are new, and for me, I am not. The second day, today, is for me somehow better when my old and new colleagues, or classmate (I’m confused it with the German concept) were abruptly surprised by a chemistry test. Could you imagine, how well would you recall what you’d learned for more than a year ago? Of course, you can recall them, but the sad part is, not all. There were ten questions. From them, two are quite tough and challenging, which I guessed I did one of them correctly. But I’m not sure about it.

TEXT is the word in focus today. What is meant by text? How would you define it? And how do you interpret a text, and how do other people? Cultural factors, belief values and other affecting causes are things that make different people to hold very dissimilar perspectives. There were too much to explore.

German class, I shall describe it as rather relaxing than tensing one which I previously assumed it would be. Remember in mind, language will be weakened by a type of sickness or a disease caused by the inactive usage of it.

I took a bus in the late afternoon to my relative’s house. Minutes spent in the bus were not worth it if I had done nothing. Awakened by the bus turning, the focus on the English novel went away. Driven by a little bit of dizziness caused by the packed number of passengers inside the bus, I stopped reading. I then walked along the avenue and streets to reach home. Not so far, only if you think in the context of a city like this, it was an exercise for me today, causing me to sweat a lot. That was not so bad.

In the evening, I sat in the car of my uncle and he drove to the city centre. Terrible invented metal boxes stacked in the middle of road, producing snake figure scenery of at least I don’t know how long. However, it wasn’t that serious this time. I would be grateful as the car moved, despite of its slow velocity. Lights are beautiful – at night – in big cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment